Our growing family

Our growing family

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

It's gonna be FULL OF HIM...

I have a plan for you
I have a plan for you
It's gonna be wild
It's gonna be great
It's gonna be full of Me

Open up your heart
And let Me in
Open up your heart
And let Me in

Come away with Me
Come away with Me
It's never too late
It's not too late
It's not to late for you

Above is a song that I heard for the first time at the Created for Care adoption retreat I went to this past weekend. I LOVE this song...my favorite part is the three lines...It's gonna be wild...It's gonna be great...It's gonna be full of Me. This song reminded me of exactly how I feel right now in our adoption journey. If you had told me a year ago that we would be adopting a child from Ethiopia and bringing that child home to be a part of our family in 2011...I know I would have laughed at you and told you that "you must be crazy" BUT...God knew HIS plans for Todd and I even before He revealed them to us. God called us into this adoption journey in the summer of 2010 and already it has been WILD, GREAT, and most importantly FULL OF GOD! As we patiently wait for our phone call that reveals our precious "baby Ethiopia", I can't help but think of all of the WILD, GREAT, and GOD HONORING adventures that are in store for our family this year and in the many years to come.

When you trust in God and decide to be obedient to His calling on your life, you won't know all of the details and exactly how everything will unfold BUT...God promises that His plans will be WILD, GREAT, and FULL OF HIM...His plans are so rewarding and WORTH IT! God is already using this adoption to change my heart to break for the things that break His heart...to love the orphans and widows that don't have a voice in this world...to invest in "eternal things" instead of worldly things...to LOVE unconditionally for HIM.

I encourage you to say "YES" to whatever you feel God is calling you to step out in faith and do for HIS GLORY...It's gonna be wild...It's gonna be great...It's gonna be FULL OF HIM!

1 comment:

  1. This song has been going through my mind since this weekend, too! Such an awesome reminder of Jeremiah 29:11!

    ReplyDelete