Our growing family

Our growing family

Monday, February 21, 2011

Enjoying the warm weather...

...and a funny side story too!!!
So I just want to say that the last couple of weeks have been some of the most fun weeks our little family have had in a while. I am NOT a winter lover...I get moody and a little depressed during the winter months when we have to stay inside ALL day...so we have taken advantage of the nice weather and gone for long walks and had three playdates at the park with friends over the last couple of weeks. I also got to spend time playing softball on Saturday with some fun girls...brought back sweet memories of being young!


Anyways...one of my favorite things that happened over the last few weeks was the unexpected sleepover that Leah had with her best friend, GABE. These two kiddies have literally grown up together and definitely act like siblings with the good, the bad, and sometimes the ugly moments...but last week was so much fun! They played so well together and it is fun to watch them interact and have conversations with each other now that they are both 3...speaking of conversations...let me tell you about the conversation on the ride home after picking Gabe up unexpectantly...it went something like this...

Gabe: Hey Leah...I get to spend the night at your house...Aunt Amber did my mom give you my clothes?
Me: No Gabe, but don't worry I'm sure we can find something for you to wear to bed and I will wash your clothes for you to put back on tomorrow.
Leah: Gabe...you can borrow some of my pajamas if you need to...
Gabe: But what about my underwear...I don't have any more underwear...
Leah: Gabe...I have princess panties you can wear...want to wear those?
Gabe: (with A LOT OF EXCITEMENT)...Leah...Can I wear the PINK PRINCESS PANTIES?
Leah: Sure Gabe...you can wear those.
Gabe: (still with A LOT OF EXCITEMENT)...Aunt Amber...Leah said I could wear her PINK PRINCESS PANTIES!!!

Well...just in case Ben(Gabe's daddy) is reading...Gabe did NOT end up wearing the PINK PRINCESS PANTIES...he REALLY wanted to but luckily we found some Diego underwear that Gabe had given Leah for Christmas (that's another blog post)...but He did wear Leah's Dora pajamas to bed...

Aren't they so cute...I mean really...precious:)

1 comment:

  1. Precious to the max! Doesn't take much to get some people excited.

    Thanks for being Gabe's mama away from home. He loves you and talks often about different ways you take care of him. :)

    ReplyDelete