Our growing family

Our growing family

Monday, January 24, 2011

JOYful heart...

So, this past Friday night was so refreshing and full of joy in so many ways. The BeautiControl Spa party is just what I needed on Friday night...I think all of the ladies that came needed it too! I was run down, tired, and feeling a little "pooped". I was hoping that about 8-10 ladies would come and support this amazing adoption fundraiser AND take advantage of some time away from the stresses of life to just relax. Well...14 ladies later...WE...HAD...A...BLAST! It was so relaxing and refreshing...just what this mommy needed! I got to catch up with my best friend from college that I hadn't seen in over a year and that was precious to me! I love her and wish we could spend more time together. I also got to spend time with several "newer" friends and get to know them just a little bit more...and of course I got to spend time with many of my favorite ladies in the world who support me THROUGH IT ALL...thank you so much ladies!!! God reminded me on Friday night of how much HE LOVES ME and supplies me with exactly the right friends and family members to help carry me when I am burdened and rejoice with me when prayers are answered.

Sometimes, Todd and I can feel alone on this adoption journey...when I was pregnant both times with Leah Bear and Jay Tyler, not a day went by without someone in our family, or friends of ours, or even total strangers would ask about the pregnancy...How far a long are you? Are you having a boy or girl? What name have you picked out?...people would call specifically to "check up on us" and make sure I was feeling all right? Well...we have found that there is not as much talk about our adoption...and sometimes it just hurts. There are days when we feel alone on this journey...but God has been teaching both of us the last few weeks that in HIS time, others will come to want to know more about this amazing journey He has us on...family and friends will seek answers and want to invest in our little "baby Ethiopia". God reminds me daily that HE cares, HE loves our baby, and HE already knows exactly when we will meet our precious child! So, thank you so much to those friends and family members that take the time to ASK...we greatly appreciate your support and questions! A BIG thank you to those out there that read our blog...I learned at the spa party that some people do actually read our blog...yay!!! It is therapy for me to write about this adoption journey...but it is always nice to hear that others enjoy reading our updates and praying for our specific needs!

Anyways...Happy Monday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment