Our growing family

Our growing family

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Friendly reminder from God...

Most of you that know me, know that I LOVE to plan...anything from my schedule for the day or week, to birthday parties, big celebrations, events at church, etc. I am a PLANNER in every sense of the word...I like to know what, when and where things are going to happen. Well, let's just say ADOPTION is the total opposite...there are so many factors that are just out of my control. No matter how hard I have tried, I just can't control all of the little details in this adoption...and God sent me a "friendly reminder" about this on Monday during my quiet time with Him. Within a few paragraphs on Monday morning this is what I read...

"God's delays are not denials. Are you waiting for the fulfillment of a promise made long ago? Don't give up hope. Don't give in to doubt. The Lord's timing is always just right....GOD things come to those who wait: "Those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint" (Isaiah 40:31)"

I just LOVE "friendly little reminders" from God himself. Todd and I haven't been waiting years for our "baby Ethiopia", but even waiting these past three months has been hard. We long for the day when we will meet our little baby face-to-face and tell him/her that they belong in our family forever. The little hiccups we have experienced so far have been difficult at times to swallow because we know it means a little longer before we see our precious child. God reminded me on Monday that HIS timing is so much better than anything I think I can plan or schedule for this adoption. I must wait for HIS perfect plan to be carried out in HIS perfect timing. Thanks for the reminder God!

No comments:

Post a Comment