Our growing family

Our growing family

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

I think I'll move to Australia...

well...not really but that is my favorite line in the children's book Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day by Judith Viorst. I have read this book many times to my students and to Leah Bear but today I TOTALLY understood how little Alexander felt in the story...nothing went his way. So, this morning as I was getting ready to sub at SRAA for the day, Leah came in my bedroom to tell me she had thrown up all over her bed and herself. YUCK...many of you know that I HATE THROW UP...I can handle boogers and poop but throw up is not my thing. So I decided that I wasn't going to sub and that Leah and Jay Tyler would not go to preschool today either. Then, Jay Tyler woke up with a runny nose and was coughing a lot. He wanted me to hold him and love on him all morning. He was fussy and very "needy". So, as I was cleaning up the kitchen...I heard Leah run to the bathroom...and you guessed it...more throw up:( So I put her in the tub and Jay Tyler in his chair with some snack. I cleaned the entire bathroom and bathed Leah while Jay Tyler insisted on crying the whole time because he wanted to get in the tub with Leah. By the time, it was noon...I WAS TIRED! So, it was VERY appropriate when Leah picked this book out to read before nap time because I felt like I was having a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day...

But then it got better...my mom offered to come over after lunch and help out, my best friend Chelsea called and offered to cook us some dinner, and my sister in-law texted to tell me she was praying for us! So even in the midst of a challenging morning, God provided me the strength and patience needed for the day...and some sweet encouragement and help too! Praise God...and a BIG THANK YOU to Nana, Chelsea, and Mandy. Maybe one day Todd and I will get to visit Australia:)

1 comment:

  1. Annnnnnnd, two referrals came in today with our agency! Which means hopefully things are straightening themselves out and getting back to business as usual!!! You'll be DTE before you know it and then just as deranged as the rest of us waiting families!

    ReplyDelete