Our growing family

Our growing family

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

My Leah Bear...

Leah Bear brings such joy to my life. She is wise beyond her years...Todd and I both agree she will outsmart us by the time she is in 1st grade. She is also full of compassion and love...most of the time:) We have been having some very "adult like" conversations lately and it is just another reminder that she is growing up faster than I would like...small tear:( So, I just had to record the great conversation we had last week so one day we can look back and remember these precious moments.
We went to an adoption fundraiser for our friends Gray and Leigh last Thursday night. They are in our African Fellowship group and they will be traveling in May to meet their precious 4 1/2 year old son. So, Leigh had pictures of their son on Thursday night and Leah wanted to see them. She sat down at our table and started looking at the pictures with my mom(the famous Nana)...
Me: Leah...this little boy is from Ethiopia. He will be one of your new friends.
Leah: (telling Nana) This little boy doesn't have a mommy and daddy in Ethiopia so he is going to get a new mommy and daddy that love him. They will be his new family.
Leah: (as she looks at more pictures) He is sad because he needs a mommy and daddy that love him just like our baby Ethiopia needs a mommy and daddy too. I'm going to have two boys from Ethiopia...Clayton and Silas.
Me: Remember God is giving us one little baby from Ethiopia.
Leah: You said I could pray for two babies mom:)
A little while later after eating her pizza...Leah said "Can this little boy play on my playground daddy is making for me?"...I LOVE HER LITTLE HEART!

1 comment:

  1. soooo sweet! I cannot wait for Leah and A to play together.

    And that girl is convinced you will have two more boys. She might know something that you don't ;)

    ReplyDelete