Our growing family

Our growing family

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Lent...

Lent begins tomorrow for us and this year I think it is more meaningful for us than it has ever been before. Todd and I began discussing and praying about what we were going to "give up" during the 40 days of Lent several weeks ago. We discussed reasons why we would give up several things for this period of time and what we hoped would come from it. The point of "giving up" or sacrificing something during the 40 days of Lent is to constantly remind us of the sacrifice that Jesus Christ made on the cross for us over 2,000 years ago. When we are tempted to desire what we have given up during Lent, we are to turn our hearts back to the cross and thank Jesus for dying for us instead of giving into temptation to turn away from God's will. So...I am "giving up" several things during the next 40 days BUT I hope to gain so much more from the experience. I hope to gain a closeness to God and a dependence on HIM that I desperately need. I hope to draw closer to my husband and children too.

"Lent List"
1) NO eating out...no drive thrus, no take-out...for 40 days!
2) Go to bed earlier each night...go to bed when Todd goes to bed and not stay up late.
3) Spend less time complaining and more time rejoicing in the promises of God

So here we go...tomorrow is the first day of Lent...

No comments:

Post a Comment