Our growing family

Our growing family

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

AWESOME DAY...ANSWERED PRAYERS!!!

I have had an AWESOME DAY...and it is only 3pm! I see God's hand in so many things in my life right now and it is amazing to be a part of it all. I have seen HIM answer several prayers just today...in ONE day!!!

First, this morning a girl named Leigh sent me a message on Facebook about adopting a child from Ethiopia. She found me on Facebook through a mutual friend and she and her husband are adopting from Ethiopia too and she lives 15 minutes away from us!!! We are meeting for lunch on Monday to get to know each other and she is going with me to a women's retreat in February for women adopting children from Ethiopia!!! She also knows of two other families adopting from Ethiopia that live in Columbia, so we are going to try to all get together soon!!! Todd and I have been praying for the opportunity to meet other couples who are adopting internationally like us for support on our journey. Thank you God for that answered prayer today!!!

Also, my dad came over today and expressed that he is happy for us and proud of our decision to adopt a child from Ethiopia!!! THIS IS A HUGE ANSWERED PRAYER! I was concerned about how my dad would react to our decision and we have been praying for weeks that God would soften his heart to our decision and HE DID!!!

GOD is so GOOD! Today confirms that Todd and I are walking down the path that God wants us to be on right now...HE is mapping out all of the details and answering so many prayers a long the way. I feel so honored and humbled to be a part of this journey!!!

1 comment:

  1. You have no idea how much I share your excitement!!!! I just wanted to scream like a "little gull" when I found out about you and another family here in SC! Something about having another mom in the madness just seems to make me feel better!

    ReplyDelete